Preparing for Interviews

I plan to write a review of a local barbecue food truck in Sarasota and Bradenton,  Florida, Alday's BBQ. Alday's is very popular with the locals and with the "snow birds" that come vacation in Sarasota. I plan on interviewing the owners Jeff and Lisa Alday. I also plan to interview one or two of  their employees. Each food truck only has two (sometimes only one) employees working the truck all day and they cook, serve, and take orders. Here are some questions I am planning on asking the owners:
- How did Alday's BBQ start?
- What steps have you taken to lure in customers?
- How you describe the food that you serve?
- Have you ever had a bad review of your food? How do you deal with those kinds of reviews?
- What are your plans for Alday's in the future?

The readers would want to know the answers to these questions because lots of people love to hear the story of how a restaurant began especially a family owned one. Many people also love to hear how involved restaurant owners are with their customers and how they constantly improve their food. I also wanted to involve a description of the food from someone who is around it all the time. Finally, readers would want to know if the restaurant is going to around for awhile or if it may change locations.

Here are some questions I plan to ask the employees of Alday's BBQ:
- How did you start working at Alday's?
- What is your role at Alday's?
- Would you recommend working at Alday's to a friend?
- How would you describe the food at Alday's?
- Has anyone ever given you a bad review on the food? How did you handle the situation?
- What are your plans for the future at Alday's?

The readers would want to know the answers to these questions because they want to know how popular this joint is. Also, many people ted to stay away from restaurants or food trucks that treat their employees poorly. They also tend to stay away from restaurants with employees who treat their customers badly. I feel as though these questions would answer that for us. I would finally like a description of the food from an employees point of view.

Comments