CCR Quote question #1 Draft

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

A few conventions that I had used through out my magazine was the use of camera angles, fonts, and organization of my pages. I wanted to keep my magazine pretty conventional so when I was taking pictures of the food and the truck I wanted to make sure that they all looked inviting and delicious. I know that without the correct lighting and camera angles food can look not good and would make people not want to eat it. I also tried to stay very basic and conventional with my fonts through out my magazine. The only one that would really "challenge" these conventions is my title fonts. This is because I really wanted to emphasize the word delicious. When I think of the word delicious I see it in cursive. Finally, I wanted to keep my magazine looking professional so I kept my article organization very conventional. I don't have a specific social group that is being represented through out my magazine because it is a food magazine, but it mostly is written towards women between the ages of 30-50 because that is the age and gender that buys most food magazines. This is because most of the time women are having families and doing the cooking at these ages.

Comments